How to Make Your Home Clean and Cozy in 10 Minutes Before Guests Arrive
Surprise visits? Unexpected guests calling you to say they're popping by for a visit in say 10 minutes? I'm sure it has happened to most of us and it's usually around the time where our house is a little bit messy.
Don't you worry we've got a few tips and tricks to clean your home fast and wow the guests.
Your main helpers here are the Eco Cloths and Bamboo Wipes.
Let's start in the entryway - this is the face of your home.
- Make your entryway larger and cleaner by removing all clothes from coat hangers.
- Put away shoes in a shoe drawer, if there's none then stash them away in a shopping bag and hang it on a hook...or place in your bedroom and close the door.
- Stash all receipts, magazines, and other papers in a box - keep them out of sight (maybe with the shoes in the bedroom).
TIP if you feel extra-curricular: Pour some baking soda on the carpet to make them look clean. The baking soda will absorb moisture and dirt and then just vacuum the carpet.
Next stop is the toilet - you'll never know when a guest would ask to use it.
- Spray a disinfectant solution on the toilet bowl and wipe it with
- Put out a new toilet paper roll.
- A few drops of essential oil on a cotton pad placed on a shelf will add a fresh odour to the toilet.
TIP: use a toilet bomb (or make one yourself to have handy). It’ll take you just 10 minutes to make them. The recipe: mix baking soda, soap, citric acid, and essential oil the way it’s shown here. Then make balls and don’t forget to wear gloves. Well done!
- A Couple of minutes before your start cleaning, turn the hot water on. The steam makes it easier to remove the dirt.
- Hang clean towels and put out a fresh piece of soap.
- Throw away old toothbrushes and hide away personal care products
- Wipe the bath mirror with a wringed out eco cloth - it's streak & lint free and will leave your mirror shining.
We now proceed to the kitchen - especially important to keep tidy if you've got an open plan living/kitchen space.
- Wipe surfaces using an S pattern to get the job done properly. The Eco Cloth large size is great for bigger benches.
- Apply some coconut oil to a cloth and wipe any stainless steel surface to make it look shiny.
- Put away clutter in your drawers - and finish off the look by hanging your cloths by the sink.
Last but not the least - the living room. If you plan to end up here, use these quick cleaning hacks.
- Sweep dust from visible surfaces. Use a dry sheet from our Bamboo wipes as the static electricity from the wipes attracts the dust.
- If you have pets, use a lint roller to remove pet hair from your couch (saves bringing out the vacuum cleaner).
- Line up all items and straighten everything.
TIP: Take a page out of the Real Estate 101 book - The smell of coffee makes guest comfortable and cozy, be sure to put on a fresh pot.
We tried this out while writing the blog to time ourselves. It was a hard-pumping workout but doable in 10 mins (so we changed the blog name from 15 minutes to 10 minutes - we'd love to hear from you in the comments below if tried this out.)
A very satisfying cleaning experience.